Tonight I was feeling under the weather (still) and decided to make another batch of chicken soup in the Instant Pot. It was somewhat experimental but it turned out really good, so I wanted to share a post that I can come back to any time I want to make it again. (Laziness at it’s finest, right ? ) 🙂
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small potato
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Turn the instant pot on to Sauté, add the butter and let it melt
2. Add the carrots, celery, onion, potato, ginger and garlic, sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions turn transparent
3. Add the thyme, salt, pepper and mix.
4. Add the broth, chicken breasts, bay leaves and rosemary sprig.
5. Put the lid on the IP and turn to sealing.
6. Press manual and set for 8 minutes.
7. Allow for the IP to naturally release for 8 minutes. Then carefully do a quick release for the rest of the pressure.
8. Take out the chicken breast, shred with a fork and return to the soup.