Things worth doing in 2013
Woah – was 2012 a doozy! It’s no mystery what the low point and highlight of my year was, and I’m feeling too lazy to get all deep about it. I just want to thank everyone who has been walking this journey with me, and taking the time to care and love me through it all.
So here we are, with a fresh start for a new year. I’m not really a “resolutions” person, but I am a goal setter. It’s fulfilling to look back at the end of the year with some accomplishments and new habits under my belt.
For this year, some of my goals include:
Daily meditation and journaling:
Figure out (and sustain) a healthy (for me) eating plan that involves actual nutrients:
Nurture important relationships:
Other aspirations (not pictured):
- Become a more conscious consumer – spend money locally when possible (more farmers market!) and be more mindful of what my purchases support.
- Read one new book a month
- Pay off medical bills by November 2013
- Switch to water, tea or decaf after morning coffee and 64 oz of water every day
- NO MORE COOKIES FOR BREAKFAST!!!!! .
- Keep blogging (with pictures of healthy -for me- meals…as evidence that I’m on the right track!)
- Try new (scary) things and discover that they aren’t scary after all.
- Give more than I take. (That’s a big one).
- Love. Love. Love. (And then love some more!) Get creative in finding new ways to love others, and remember that the crankiest people are the ones who need it the most.
- More time at the beach
- Listen to more music, more often. (Pretty much any time I can)
- Go camping
- Visit the top of Mauna Kea
- Bust out the sketchbook again
- Learn to juggle. 🙂
- Start collecting Christmas presents early : ) As early as NOW.
This list could shrink or expand as time goes on, but it’s a starting point for now. With such a long list, I’m bound to get around to some of these, and the rest will stick around as inspiration. Thankful, as always, to be starting another chapter, and grateful for the story that’s been written so far. – M